Minimally Invasive Dental Fillings
Are you concerned that you could have a cavity? If you do, Dr. Diana Tadros recommends beautiful white fillings to restore your tooth’s health and natural appearance. If you’re experiencing…
- Persistent tooth pain or sensitivity
- Pain when biting down
- Tooth discomfort when eating something hot, cold or sweet
- Food packing between or inside of your tooth
… then you might have a cavity. Call our 63rd Street Dental office to make an appointment and address your concerns. The earlier the cavity is addressed, the smaller the filling can be – protecting the integrity of your enamel. Should you be experiencing any type of pain, please note that we offer same-day appointments to accommodate emergency concerns.
Benefits of Composite Restorations
White fillings are superior to silver, amalgam fillings in a variety of ways. The most obvious is your smile. You want to be admired for your smile without drawing attention to unsightly silver fillings. Some additional advantages also include:
- Minimally Invasive Treatment– Amalgam fillings require a larger portion of the healthy enamel to be removed than is necessary for white fillings.
- Less Treatment Over Time– Due to the minimally invasive techniques that are used, composite fillings mean less treatment in the future.
- Aesthetics – Porcelain can be custom-matched to your existing, natural enamel, creating a seamless appearance that you won’t even notice.
- Strength– Silver fillings expand and contract with temperature changes. Over time, this can damage and fracture your natural tooth, potentially requiring a more costly dental crown restoration. Porcelain fillings do not react to temperature shifts, but remain stable, creating a stronger restoration that’s healthier for your tooth.
- Mercury Free– Amalgam fillings contain mercury, which poses a concern for many of our patients. Porcelain restorations do not contain mercury, so you can rest assured that you’re making the safest choice, not just for your dental health, but for your overall health.
Ask how Dr. Tadros can repair your smile or replace unsightly fillings with our cosmetic restorative option. Most insurance plans are gladly accepted.